Dota 2 Customer since 2015

Dec 21, 2015
Pros
Cons
  • Hake is reasonably safer compared to other alternatives when used correctly.
    • There's always a risk involved, but that's consensual on user's part. I've used Hake for multiple years without a single ban through conscious use.
  • Suitable library of features for closet cheating.
    • Saying so myself, blatant use has never really appealed to me.
  • Hold/inversion hotkeys exists in addition to manual disable/enable toggling.
    • I'm unusually favorable for this hotkey support in particular. The possibility to tailor these is very much appreciated.
  • Freedom to create, fork and share scripts.
    • More so with a technical approach.
  • User-friendly interface that has improved over time.
    • In addition, the alternative arrow navigation menu comes in clutch during matches with possible spectators.
  • Good value in terms of its sustainable price model to account safety.
    • iirc, the subscription fee remains unchanged through my use of Hake since 2015. That's a kind gesture taking inflation into account, courtesy of the developers.
  • Substantial amount of safety features.
    • Variables like random additional delays and timings can also be manually adjusted.
  • Quick game patch response and helpful staff.
    • From my experience, the forum has been serviceable and staff responds regularly.
  • Initial time demand for setup.
    • I believe a considerable time amount should be used preparing in demo/bot matches, adjusting/readjusting features and hotkeys to your preference. Failure to create a decent foundation early on will introduce additional noise to future matches due to constant need of readjustments.
  • Implied possibility of unwanted script interactions by using earlier community-created scripts, however solutions or workarounds usually exists.
    • Mainly speaking of user-made submissions beyond the advertised and maintained core features.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucasvoip and tulo
Does jungle maphack still work? I noticed it wasn't working when I subscribed for a day last month.

Reactions: lucasvoip
Does jungle maphack still work? I noticed it wasn't working when I subscribed for a day last month.
I wouldn't know, sorry. I don't use jungle maphack since some of my lobby replays are occasionally rewatched. That feature was however reported detectable a while back, so I wouldn't risk testing that myself.

Reactions: eddie and tulo
How does faio work? I used hake before and i loved it but now i see people complain that faio is not updated anymore. Are hero combos working and visible by enemy too?

How does faio work? I used hake before and i loved it but now i see people complain that faio is not updated anymore. Are hero combos working and visible by enemy too?
faio is somewhat dated and is no longer updated (still works for what it does). I don't use combos, so can't tell myself. vbe is in usable state.

I wouldn't know, sorry. I don't use jungle maphack since some of my lobby replays are occasionally rewatched. That feature was however reported detectable a while back, so I wouldn't risk testing that myself.

This is my mentality as well. I have had jungle maphack off since the ban wave. Curious if you use Ability Inform? I've been trying to gauge the safety of that feature.

This is my mentality as well. I have had jungle maphack off since the ban wave. Curious if you use Ability Inform? I've been trying to gauge the safety of that feature.
I do use ability inform to some degree, like in solo queue. However, that too gets toggled off as soon as i misbehave from a legit player's perspective. Let's say retreating from rosh pit when nobody on your team would understand why, and ended up as the only survivor. Same goes for suddenly hugging towers during enemy ganks. Then I'll toggle off ability inform for the remainder of the match.

It's like the Minecraft X-ray effect; you'll always mine in suspicious paths as long as X-ray is enabled, regardless of your decision to behave legit. The worst habit is misplacing your camera over full fog during enemy TPs or other particle effects, this is the quickest pattern to notice for spectators I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: eddie
I do use ability inform to some degree, like in solo queue. However, that too gets toggled off as soon as i misbehave from a legit player's perspective. Let's say retreating from rosh pit when nobody on your team would understand why, and ended up as the only survivor. Same goes for suddenly hugging towers during enemy ganks. Then I'll toggle off ability inform for the remainder of the match.

Gotcha. That is similar to how I've been using it, more or less. The ability to see TPs/charge/etc is just so useful against a team that is very active around the map, so I enable it depending on the match. Thanks for the response!

Reactions: More
I appreciate the edit as well. I am mindful of how things look in spectator mode too. I stopped using the camera hack for this reason specifically.

Reactions: More